Sunday, October 31, 2010

delivered

As I skimmed over the last post from the middle of this month I can't believe how much has happened. I can say that within a two week period God has shown up and delivered in ways that I could have never expected or deserved. After I tithed the $100 of the last of my money I received a call from my mom 2 days later saying that my grandma was willing to pay for my next month's rent at the place I was no longer living in (and still looking for a roommate at the time). My rent was $1,100, within 2 days God had returned my investment 11 times over. There is no way I could have ever asked anyone for that much money, nor could I have supplied it for myself, BUT GOD always has a plan. 

To continue with my next week, I had been praying constantly, over and over "God by the end of this week, I need a roommate to take my place". Well, as I'm sure we know or have heard God has a sense of humor and as I was busy making my own plan for what I wanted God to do, he had his own idea already set for me. Last Sunday, I had realized that I never published my post on craigslist for my apartment, so right before I went to church I published it and left. I checked my e-mail after church to find that a girl was interested in my place and wanted to check it out in a couple hours. We met up and she said she would "think about it and let me know". I was used to hearing this by now from a few other girls who wanted to see it. I figured she probably wouldn't call back and I would have to continue my search, entering into the last week of October. Before I even returned back to my new place I got a call from her saying she wanted to move in. I didn't believe it for a second and then after I hung up the phone started thanking God for once again, saving my hopeless self. 
Now as I arrive into the first week of November and begin my job search I have no doubt in my mind that He will continue to deliver in ways that I can't even imagine. 

We can second guess, freak out, set our own deadlines, put in all our effort, try and fail and try again then snap at God when he doesn't give us our way. OR we can choose to take the steps necessary to set God up for success in our lives. After we do that there is no need to stress and worry. I didn't get any call from anyone offering me 1,000 bucks or have someone e-mail me randomly asking if I had a place they could live in. I had to first give the last of my savings, then I had to post my ad up everywhere I could. After I did that I knew I could sit back and let God take over. That's what he promises.

Luke 11:9
And I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 

Psalms 23:4-6
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment